The redesigned website for IdeaBase, a student-powered design agency in Kent, OH, was launched in February 2016.
As front-end developer and user experience designer on the project, I worked with a talented team of designers and led the project from its initial proposal through launch, including:
- Developing initial sketches, sharing them with the designer and content strategist
- Working with student UX designers and content strategists to develop content, photography and information architecture
- Collaborating with the student visual designer to turn static templates and patterns into working front-end code
- Optimizing the website for optimal performance and accessibility
- Ensuring the site was usability tested with past clients and student employees
- Working with stakeholders within the organization as well as Kent State University to get feedback
- Setting up a public GitHub repository for the website and engaging the IT team in moving the site to a new web server with continuous integration
- Leading the creation of a front-end style guide for both visual design and content
You can read my blog post about the design/development process on the IdeaBase website.