IdeaBase worked with Lindsey Buzzelli to design a website for her start-up business, Reading Buzz. Reading Buzz provides video library lessons to school librarians and teachers.
I led the project from beginning to completion, ensuring designers, developers and content strategists designed for a great user experience. I also concentrated on the front-end development of the custom theme using CraftCMS. IdeaBase and Glyphix (our studio class) also developed branding, video content and social media as part of the project.
Some of the features of Reading Buzz include:
- A theme that includes templates that meet the needs of prospective customers (validated by usability testing and research)
- A custom-designed content management system, built for everyday use by our client
- Responsive design that works across multiple devices and platforms, including Google AMP and RSS
- A platform for displaying videos that automatically integrates with Vimeo
- An integrated email platform that integrates directly with the website’s content itself
- Optimized performance and small pagesize (passes Google PageSpeed