MARKETING MATERIALS AND PROMOTION
We had a busy kick-off for all user support technology services this year, including The Tech Spot in Tri-Towers. Throughout 2011 and 2012 we:
- Refreshed all marketing materials, including business cards, signs, flyers and web site
- Developed new, competitive pricing structures in categories that were easier to comprehend
- Displayed electronic advertising in the student center and Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- Communicated to faculty and staff via E-Inside (electronic newsletter) and the Graduate Student Orientation
- Added new services: iPad mail-in repair, TECHcare Package and Advanced Hardware Install/Repair
- Continued to develop use of social media by responding to technology questions directly within Facebook
TECHcare is a subscription-based service from The Tech Spot that allows students, faculty and staff to receive unlimited technology repair at one flat rate for one year. My challenge was to make the service more valuable, encourage staff to offer the service to customers and promote the service at university events.
- To add value to TECHcare, I proposed adding two 1-on-1 training sessions to the membership, offering 25% off any future TECHcare purchase and expanding the membership to cover all services offered by The Tech Spot. I also worked with Tech Spot staff to develop membership cards with barcodes for easier account access.
- We held a contest to encourage staff to offer the service to customers. Once staff had sold a membership, they wrote their name on a poster, allowing others to see their progress. We held a staff drawing for a prize at the end of the semester.
- I developed rack card handouts to explain the service to customers and added TECHcare to The Tech Spot's pricing sign to promote the service.