In my role as User Experience Designer at IdeaBase, I've conducted many paid usability studies for clients from a variety of industries.
Studies include smaller, traditional prototype usability tests (either in-person or remote) and also more extensive tests that use eye tracking technology. Studies may also include competitive analyses, persona development, heuristic evaluation, website performance reviews and user interviews.
I was also responsible for initially setting up the IdeaBase User Experience Testing Lab facility and maintaining its operation.
For each study, I am responsible for managing all aspects of the project, including:
- Working with the client to prepare the study's objectives and tasks
- Determining the number of participants, incentives and the recruiting process
- Moderating the test and ensuring observers and notetakers have appropriate documents formatted for efficient notetaking
- Setting up and monitoring all equipment, including video feeds, eye tracking technology, eye tracking software and user cameras
- Analyzing the session data and identifying trends
- Preparing a full, written report of recommendations and delivering the report to each client, either by email or through an in-person summary meeting.
Examples of clients with whom I've worked include:
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Kent State University
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Kent State Student Media
- Kichler Lighting
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Caldera Spas